Safety Brings You Home
Mears operates safely in every situation. Safety is ingrained in our culture. We strive to complete all projects without incident or injury because we believe it is our duty to do so. We have created an atmosphere in which all of our employees have the opportunity and obligation to take ownership of their own safety and that of their coworkers. Our goal is a workforce that is safe, 24/7, both at work and at home.
The Lazy Q Ranch
A WORLD CLASS TRAINING FACILTY: Mears’ customers count on receiving the safest and most skilled workforce in the industry. Mears delivers by preparing personnel at the Lazy Q Ranch, Quanta’s state-of-the-art training facility in La Grange, Texas. The 2,200-acre campus provides employees hands-on instruction from master trainers in a controlled environment, focusing on safety, skill development and certifications.
Providing a safe work place for our employees always comes first. In an effort to provide special recognition for workers who exemplify safe work habits and a commitment to safety above and beyond ones normal activities, we want to formalize our efforts in awarding the Quanta Safety Commitment Coin. We believe it is important to take the opportunity to identify and recognize those employees who may go unnoticed but have demonstrated outstanding commitment to a safe work environment, as well as safety away from the job site
The goal of our Automated External Defibrillator (AED) program is to increase the rate of survival for people who have sudden cardiac arrests. The AED program is designed to provide equipment and training to enhance life safety response measures. Each team under the Mear's umbrella is assigned an AED apparatus. AEDs make it possible for trained and untrained responders to administer defibrillation prior to the arrival of Emergency Medical Services (EMS). Our AED program continues to be a life-saving success for our workforce and communities around the world.
Mears recognizes the importance of safeguarding the environment wherever we conduct business. All employees and subcontractors are expected to comply with the company’s guiding principles and serve as good corporate citizens by:
- Promoting and environmental compliance in all operations.
- Conducting business operations in a way that demonstrates respect for the environment
- Responding quickly and effectively to environmental incidents involving company facilities or equipment.
- Assisting clients with their environmental control procedures and directives when working on their properties.
- Promoting good environmental attitudes by training employees in sound environmental management.
- Utilizing environmental monitoring programs to ensure compliance with company and governmental requirements.